Sunday, February 17, 2008

Under the weather


Was it something I ate? Or was it just the combination of stress, pollution, second-hand cigarette smoke and new food that made me sick?

I guess I'll never know, but in any case, I feel funky.

The past few days I've been feeling worn down, sore and also gastro-intestinally afflicted. (Is that even a word? You know what I mean.) This weekend I have hunkered down in the apartment and watched tons of movies including Collateral, Pretty Woman, Men in Black II, The Thomas Crowne Affair and The Killing Fields on the English-language TV channels.

When I awoke at 11 this morning, I decided an Egyptian-American breakfast was just the thing--fried potatoes and an egg scramble with yellow peppers and onions, with slightly sweetened black tea to drink.

It didn't taste just like it does at home, but close enough to make me feel happy.

No comments: